What a brilliant year 2023 has been! With exciting new premises, new product launches and an amazing 12 new starters in the business.
Look at our year in review, below:
We Have Moved!
May this year brought an exciting new beginning for Springpack – we moved to our new 90,000 sqft facility on the outskirts of the beautiful Worcester City Centre.
The move allows for easy transport links for our deliveries, more electric vehicle charging for company cars, and the space for more stock holding. We also have installed a defibrillator on site, which can easily be accessed by members of the local community if it is ever required.
Our new state of the art premises has allowed us to optimise our energy usage and facilitated the switch to renewable energy.
We gained the prestigious EcoVadis Silver Accreditation in July for our company’s sustainability management.
Launch of Armour Wrap Hand Pallet Wrap & Aero Dispenser
This year, we launched two exciting additions to our Armour Wrap Range!
The Armour Wrap Hand Pallet Wrap is expertly designed to reduce the amount of plastic required to wrap a pallet by up to 50%, with no reduction in load stability. This means significantly less transportation and storage are required when compared with a standard pallet wrap.
Our Aero Dispenser is designed for use in conjunction with the Armour Wrap Hand Pallet Wrap. With it’s ergonomic design and weighing in at around 450g, the Aero utilises Formula One technology to improve operator comfort and reduce fatigue.
First Award Nomination (Shortlisted)
This year, we were a shortlisted nominee for Packaging Company of the Year! We were honoured to be nominated for our first award, and such a prestigious one at that.
12 New Starters
This year, we had twelve new starters join the Springpack Team:
New Eco-Friendly Van
Because we always strive to streamline our sustainability, this year we invested in a new, more eco-friendly van for our deliveries. The new van is larger yet uses approximately 30% less fuel. A rough calculation of fuel used/ volume of the van means our new van uses approximately 50% less fuel per m³.
2 Years Carbon Neutral
This year we celebrated our 2nd year of carbon neutrality.
To celebrate this, we offered complimentary wildflower seeds to out to our customers and we donated fruit trees to local schools and charities.
Charity Events – £1,740 donated to charity
– This year we ran several internal events to raise money for charity.
– We celebrated Pancake Day and raised £148 in donations towards Oxfam’s Turkey-Syria Appeal
– We hosted our first Macmillan Coffee Morning and raised £320 in donations
– In the spirit of Christmas, we held a Christmas Jumper Day, which raised £370 for Teckles Animal Sanctuary. This is enough money to feed 74 kittens; provide flea and worming treatments to 24 animals; vaccinate 12 cats or dogs; microchip 37 animals; neuter a dog; or feed the animals in Teckles care for one month.
– In keeping with the festivities, we filmed a Springpack Team Advent Calendar where each day until Christmas we posted a new video. For each video, we will donate £10 to Crisis Homelessness Charity. This will raise £250 for Crisis.
– This September, our Head of Customer Services decided to run 100km to raise £250 for Great Ormond Street Hospital. We are all incredibly proud of Adam, who raised £1,020 towards Great Ormond Street’s incredible work. To Aid Adam in his fundraising, we held a day of games for the team, where each point scored was collated into a monetary donation. As a team, we generated a £652 donation towards this amazing fundraiser.
It’s clear to see that this year has been an amazing year for Springpack, and we would love to take this opportunity to thank our customers for their continued support of Springpack – we’ll see you in 2024!